The Benefits of Pavement Maintenance and ManagementJune 1, 2021
How Summer Heat Impacts Your Commercial Parking LotAugust 1, 2021
Sealcoating is applying a thin layer of fluid to a paved surface to protect it from damage. While sealcoating can’t fix existing issues such as cracks, it can help prevent that damage from occurring in the first place. Sealcoating is essential to extend the life of asphalt surfaces. So, why sealcoat?
Benefits of Sealcoating
Why sealcoat? There are several benefits of this application and when done with an environmentally friendly product, it not only protects your asphalt pavement but protects the environment as well.
1. Regular sealcoating extends the lifespan of the pavement and reduces long term repair costs.
2. Sealcoating provides a protective layer to keep out water, UV rays from the sun and vehicle fluids such as oil and gasoline.
3. As it is exposed to the elements, asphalt pavement fades over time. Sealcoating makes pavement look and wear like new again.
4. Sealcoating increases the melting process of any ice, frost or snow to protect against damage from water penetration, frost damage or snow damage.
5. Sealcoating protects asphalt from oils and gasoline that could soften and damage the asphalt over time.
6. Seal coated pavement is easier to clean because the sealcoat provides a smoother surface than plain asphalt.
7. Sealcoating slows the oxidation process. Oxidation causes deterioration of asphalt, making it brittle and more prone to cracks, breaks and the formation of holes and other defects.
8. Sealcoating saves money. The expense of regular sealcoating is far less than the expense of repaving. Sealcoating extends the lifespan of asphalt, making the need to repave less frequent.
So, why sealcoat? It has tremendous benefits by protecting the asphalt from the elements, oxidation and wear and tear. When an environmentally friendly sealcoat is used such as Pitch Black, it also protects the environment. Pitch Black is non-toxic and safe for the environment and the people exposed to it. Traditional sealcoat can contain caustic and carcinogenic ingredients that are harmful to human health and the environment. Frequently repaving is also detrimental to the environment as the process generates particulate matter that is harmful to surrounding ecosystems as well. When you need a sealcoat provider to keep your asphalt in good condition, choose EcoShield, your local manufacturer of Pitch Black sealcoat.